Joanne Wise is a business writer, editor, and consultant for organizations in the public and private sectors. A plain-language specialist, Joanne helps clients think through their ideas and communicate results with clarity and impact.
Joanne brings a reasoned calm to the pressures of challenging projects. She works with content experts and decision makers to reimagine the writing process—using the steps to explore possibilities, solve problems, and build consensus. She also works closely with designers to ensure the final product is engaging and easy to use—online or in print.
She has a surprisingly useful BA in English and additional training in Industrial Relations and Adult Education. Her areas of focus include public education; policies and procedures; government strategies; and regulatory compliance.
Partial list of clients
- Government of Nova Scotia
- Halifax Regional School Board
- Government of Ontario
- e-Learning Ontario
- Education Improvement Commission, Ontario
- Ontario Fairness Commission
Influencers and not-for-profit organizations
- C21 Canada
- Canadian Education Association
- Canadian Standards Association
- Credit Union Central of Ontario
- Homes First Society, Toronto
- Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Nova Scotia School Boards Association
- United Way, Halifax
- Campbell Soup Company Ltd.
- CSA International
- Nova Scotia Power
- Pansophic Systems
- Rhône-Poulenc Canada
Here are a few high-impact projects from Joanne's portfolio:
Provincial expert panel reports:
Big projects call for courage, imagination, and teamwork. Plain-language strategies can help you imagine the possibilities, connect the dots, and reach goals that matter. Contact Joanne to learn more.